Are you aware that you can insert an SD Card into the JioFi Routers? Did you ever imagine that you can use it as WiFi Cloud Storage Space? Yes, all the above-said things are possible if you get to the know the right procedure. Through this below given steps, one can easily find ways on How to use SD Card as WiFi Cloud Storage Space on JioFi Routers.
How to use SD Card as WiFi Cloud Storage Space on JioFi Routers
- Local Storage – If you enable this mode, the files in the SD Card can only be accessed via computer using USB Cable.
- Internet Storage – Once the Internet Storage gets activated everyone can access the contents from cloud service using valid credentials, i.e., User-ID and Password.
- WiFi Storage – Through the WiFi Storage medium you can share the files with users who use the same wireless connection (JioFi).
Now coming to the technicalities like on how to use SD Card as WiFi Cloud Storage Space on JioFi Routers wherein you need to follow few steps as seen below.
Steps on how to use SD Card as WiFi Cloud Storage Space:
Step 1: Firstly ensure that the SD Card is inserted into your JioFi Device correctly.
Step 2: Now you should connect your device to the wireless network available. Then open the internet browser and enter the address of routers web interface, i.e., www.jiofi.local.html
Step 3: Then a login page pops up wherein you need to provide the login credentials that would be “administrator” if not changed any time.
Step 4: Once you have configured to the login page, go to the Settings.
Step 5: Here you can see the “Storage” section. You see four options there, explained below.
- Storage Account Option: This option provides you to make JioFi Storage Device. If you disable this, your router will work as default wireless network access point.
- Username Option: It is not the name of your wireless network. This option is used to call your storage. You can change it or else keep it as it is (sd card).
- Password Option: This helps you to protect your files from unwanted visitors. If anyone tries to access your WiFi storage, it asks to enter the password in the specified field.
- Storage Mode: As said earlier, you can use your SD Card in three different ways on JioFi routers. If you want you to share your files between wireless network users, Storage Mode helps to do it. By enabling this option, your router becomes Cloud Space.
Save all the changes made accordingly. Do not forget the URL of your cloud storage space as it is necessary to access all the files. Moreover, you need to remember the login credentials if changed. Finally, I hope you gained some knowledge on How to use SD Card as WiFi Cloud Storage Space on JioFi Routers through this article.